About

For the past five years, ROCKWIRED.COM has boasted a one-of-a-kind, online musical reportage. Not only has the independently published venture gained international notoriety, but it has also given LUSH some of the best conversation of his life. “I guess that is why anyone would really want to do something like this. No one really thinks about how hard a good conversation is to come by and with ROCKWIRED I feel blessed.”Read more about Rockwired »

Advertisement

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit Featured Work

Keep in touch

RSS Feed Twitter Facebook

Subscribe via email

ROCKWiRED MAGAZiNE iNTERViEWS LiNDA BROOKS

Facebook Twitter Digg Del.icio.us Myspace Stumbleupon Friendfeed reddit

FEBRUARY 11, 2010
WORTH THE WAiT
LiNDA BROOKS TALKS TO ROCKWiRED
ABOUT HER CD THE SPACES iN BETWEEN
HER RETURN TO MUSiC AFTER FiFTEEN YEARS
AND GROWiNG AS A SONGWRiTER
http://www.rockwired.com/lindabrooks.jpgiNTERViEWED BY BRiAN LUSH
In an era marked by war, natural disaster and economic decline, who wouldn’t welcome a bit of inspiration to keep moving forward? Halifax, Nova Scotia-based singer songwriter LINDA BROOKS embarked on her career as a recording artist back in 1995 with the release of her debut CD ‘UNDER A PAINTED MOON’, but motherhood came calling and BROOKS put her music to the side. As with anything in life that gets one through, BROOKS’ musical inclination couldn’t be ignored entirely. Along with motherhood came a heightened sense of awareness and sensitivity to the world around her and her family. Little by little, words and musical ideas came together. Under the production of JAMES LOGAN, ‘THE SPACES IN BETWEEN’ marks BROOKS’ return to music after fifteen years and artfully displays BROOKS’ acuity and sensitivity as a songwriter. “Personally, things have changed a lot because I’ve become a mom and that has impacted me in a lot of different ways.” says BROOKS “It’s affected my writing and how I see the world. It’s made me more conscious of everything that is going on in the world and in turn it has definitely impacted my songwriting. I would also say that one of the changes also has a lot to do with the benefits of time and the wisdom that comes with a few more years and taking a little more ownership of the whole process and making sure that I felt one-hundred-percent satisfied with the direction that things were going in and that I was honest to who I was in letting my personal, songwriting voice get heard.” (READ MORE)

blog comments powered by Disqus