About

For the past five years, ROCKWIRED.COM has boasted a one-of-a-kind, online musical reportage. Not only has the independently published venture gained international notoriety, but it has also given LUSH some of the best conversation of his life. “I guess that is why anyone would really want to do something like this. No one really thinks about how hard a good conversation is to come by and with ROCKWIRED I feel blessed.”Read more about Rockwired »

Advertisement

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit Featured Work

Keep in touch

RSS Feed Twitter Facebook

Subscribe via email

ROCKWiRED MAGAZiNE ANTiCiPATES: THE RUNAWAYS - STARRiNG DAKOTA FANNiNG AND KRiSTEN STEWART

Facebook Twitter Digg Del.icio.us Myspace Stumbleupon Friendfeed reddit

FEBRUARY 22, 2010
ROCKWiRED's ANTiCiPATES:
'THE RUNAWAYS' STARRiNG KRiSTEN STEWART AND DAKOTA FANNiNG

To say that my curiosity is peeked is an understatement. Before I spoke with ex-RUNAWAYS guitarist LITA FORD towards the end of last year, I simply knew that THE RUNAWAYS were the KIM FOWLEY-managed, all-girl rock band that featured a young, pre-BLACKHEARTS JOAN JETT and the corseted, teen rock vixen CHERIE CURIE. After speaking with FORD (who had nothing to do with the making of the film starring KRISTEN STEWART and DAKOTA FANNING), the story of THE RUNAWAYS is a contentious one and you can believe that the verbose FORD had something to say about it. “In regard to this movie that is coming out – I don’t know if they’re going to capture it properly.” said FORD “I’m a little freaked out about this movie because first of all, I didn’t want to be in it. Second of all they didn’t use me anyway. Third of all, I don’t think they captured the true light of THE RUNAWAYS. I think it’s mostly going to be a story about JOAN and CHERIE CURIE. I don’t know who is going to care much about that. There were so many wonderful things that happened and so many experiences that we went through that made us what we are and it influenced so many women in rock today. I don’t think they are going to capture that on this film. It makes me want to do my own film and make it a true rock film. I think this one is going to be more about homosexuality and how they think they got screwed over. How the hell did they get screwed over? You know what I mean? They’re living legends for Godsake! I just don’t get it.”

READ MORE OF THE ROCKWiRED EXCLUSiVE iNTERViEW WiTH LiTA FORD HERE!!!

blog comments powered by Disqus