About

For the past five years, ROCKWIRED.COM has boasted a one-of-a-kind, online musical reportage. Not only has the independently published venture gained international notoriety, but it has also given LUSH some of the best conversation of his life. “I guess that is why anyone would really want to do something like this. No one really thinks about how hard a good conversation is to come by and with ROCKWIRED I feel blessed.”Read more about Rockwired »

Advertisement

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit Featured Work

Keep in touch

RSS Feed Twitter Facebook

Subscribe via email

ROCKWiRED MAGAZiNE iNTERViEWS DELANEY GiBSON

Facebook Twitter Digg Del.icio.us Myspace Stumbleupon Friendfeed reddit

JANUARY 4, 2010
LA Di DA
DELANEY GiBSON TALKS TO ROCKWIRED
ABOUT HER LATEST CD HURRiCANES AND FORGET-ME-NOTS
FiNDiNG iNSPiRATiON AMiD TURMOiL
AND KNOWiNG WHAT SHE WANTS AS A SONGWRiTER
http://www.rockwired.com/delaneygibson2.JPG
It’s been a little over a year since DELANEY GIBSON released her haunting debut CD ‘THE WORST KIND OF WAY’ to critical acclaim and industry accolades. Now, with the release of ‘HURRICANES AND FORGET-ME-NOTS’, GIBSON is eager to let the world know that the rush between albums has everything to do with inspiration and nothing to do with repeating herself. The honey voiced singer songwriter has not lost her knack for crafting songs that mix misery with whimsy and wit – an unexpected approach that made her debut so memorable and her latest offering so irresistible as evidenced by the tracks ‘PAPER BOATS’, ‘KILL ME NOW’ and the effervescent ‘LA DI DA’. From falling in love to losing in love, GIBSON sings it all and does it better than anyone else that comes to mind. “With this album I think I was a lot more specific in what I wanted.” says GIBSON of toiling in the studio. “I think with the last album, I let my emotions completely dictate. The songs on this album are so emotional that I wanted to step back and go over every lyric. With every line I was like ‘can I make this lyric any better?’ On this album, I really wanted to be a great writer. I took more time with this one. But other than that, not much has changed.” (READ MORE)

blog comments powered by Disqus