About

For the past five years, ROCKWIRED.COM has boasted a one-of-a-kind, online musical reportage. Not only has the independently published venture gained international notoriety, but it has also given LUSH some of the best conversation of his life. “I guess that is why anyone would really want to do something like this. No one really thinks about how hard a good conversation is to come by and with ROCKWIRED I feel blessed.”Read more about Rockwired »

Advertisement

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit Featured Work

Keep in touch

RSS Feed Twitter Facebook

Subscribe via email

ROCKWiRED MAGAZiNE iNTERViEWS JASON HEMMENS

Facebook Twitter Digg Del.icio.us Myspace Stumbleupon Friendfeed reddit

DECEMBER 28, 2009
AS REAL AS iT GETS
JASON HEMMENS TALKS TO ROCKWIRED
ABOUT HiS DEBUT CD WELCOME TO REALiTY
WORKiNG WiTH SASSY OUTWATER
AND CREATiNG A TRULY DiVERSE LiSTENiNG EXPERiENCE
http://www.rockwired.com/jasonhemmens.JPG
For the past several years, multi-instrumentalist JASON HEMMENS has been to go-to-guy for any artists seeking back up on stage or in the studio. The likes of STEVIE WONDER, TEVIN CAMPBELL, members of GUNS AND ROSES and POISON have benefited from his dexterity on the saxophone, harmonica, piano, and bass. Despite having studied music at the University of New Orleans, music always came naturally to HEMMENS. “The first instrument that I ever learned to play was the harmonica.” says HEMMENS “I picked that up when I was fifteen. I was home on vacation form school and this harmonica was sitting around. It was actually my brother’s harmonica and I just picked it up and started fooling around with it. It was pretty much an instant connection. I could play pretty easily and form that moment on, I never looked back. A year later, I picked up the saxophone and from there, the keyboards and anything that I could get my hands on.”
(READ MORE)

blog comments powered by Disqus